Santorini Travel Information - Weather, Ferries, Flights to Santorini Greece
Santorini Travel Information
On this page, you are provided with useful Santorini travel information about ferries and flights to and from Santorini, as well as a brief description of Santorini weather.
Travelling to Santorini by ferry High-speed boats and ferries to Santorini Island (Athinios Port) depart from the Port of Piraeus, located just outside Athens. Departures are very frequent, especially during high season.
- Piraeus Port: Tel. +30 210 414-7800
- Hellas Seaways Piraeus: Tel. +30 210 419-9000
- Super Jet Piraeus: Tel. +30 210 412-1001
- Santorini Port ( Athinios): Tel. +30 22860 22239
- Hellas Seaways Santorini: Tel. +30 22860 22478
- Sea Jet Santorini: Tel. +30 22860 24853
Travelling to Santorini by planeFlights to Santorini Island (Monolithos Airport) depart from Athens Airport ‘Eleftherios Venizelos’ and ‘Macedonia’ Thessaloniki Airport several times a week, becoming more frequent during the summer.
- Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”: Tel +30 210 353-0000
- Olympic Air Athens: Tel. +30 210 35 50 500 or 801 801 01 01
- Aegean Airlines Athens: Tel. +30 210 626-1000 and 801-11-20000
- “Macedonia” (Thessaloniki) Airport: Tel. +30 2310 473-312 and +30 2310 473212
- Aegean Airlines Thessaloniki: Tel. +30 2310 280-050
- Santorini Airport (Monolithos): Tel. +30 22860 28400 or +30 22860 28405
- Olympic Air Santorini: Tel. +30 22860 22493, +30 22860 22793 and +30 2286 31525
- Aegean Airlines Santorini: Tel. +30 22860 28500
Ferries & Flights from Santorini to other destinations
You can travel from Santorini to other Cycladic Islands (Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Milos, Amorgos, Syros, Serifos, Sifnos, Koufonissia, Sikinos, Kythnos, Kimolos, and Folegandros), the Dodecanese Islands (Karpathos, Kasos, Kastelorizo, Rhodes and Chalki), the Sporades Islands (Skopelos and Skiathos), and Crete by ferry boat, high speed boat or airplane.
How to travel around in Santorini
From Santorini Port and Santorini Airport, you can board on buses to various destinations on the island, or you can rent a car or motorbike and have it delivered to you at the airport upon arrival.
The weather in Santorini is temperate and mild throughout the year, making the island a wonderful place for holidays whichever season you choose. In the summer, you should expect hot and dry weather (low 20s°C to low 30s °C), which means that sunscreen, a hat, and a bottle of water is necessary at all times. Evenings can get cool, so bring a light jacket with you, just in case. Santorini weather in the spring and fall is very pleasant (17°C to 23°C) and a combination of short and long clothing is required. In the winter, the weather in Santorini get rather chilly, but remains temperate (12°C to 17°C), and therefore you should pack long clothing and a coat.